Thursday, December 23, 2010

it's (not) just another manic monday

He tells me in his bedroom voice
C'mon honey, let's go make some noise
Time it goes so fast
When you're having fun



why yes, I do like listening to The Bangles :)



anyway, life.
got updated on grades today.
I have 5 A's and 1 A- at the moment. which i am freaking happy about. i feel good.

life is interesting.

i must disappoint some of you just the tiniest bit by admitting the fact that i did indeed smoke the first cigarette ever in my entire life yesterday.
basically, i was trapped at school because i had to stay for a test. was majorly majorly "OMFG WTF AM I GONNA DO" stressed because of an incident in one of my classes and basically the one thing i could think of i knew would surely spring me back into place so i could manage to take that test was to smoke a cig.
maybe that sounds stupid. and i guess it kinda does when i can't completely make people understand just how stressed out and upset i was. i was already feeling sick that day. i couldn't take it. it was too much and i couldn't walk away.

the good news is, LESSON FREAKING LEARNED.
smoking sucks. sure, i felt better afterwards, all calmed down, but later that night my throat was all scratchy and i had to perform a solo at church (i actually successfully pulled it off anyway, even with the high A-flat in the song)and my throat felt like crap.

and i must say, i have a better understanding now out there to anyone dealing with that addiction to smoking. i already understood it, but now i really REALLY get it, and i wish anyone out there who's trying to quit or has quit and is struggling with occasional or frequent cravings (including my boyfriend) the best of luck in that venture. i can see how it could be really tough.

and now, my curiosity about it is satisfied as well.


otherwise, total happiness. my lovely boy is coming to visit me on Monday, hence the title of the post. it's going to be a good day.
and being my dorky self, i'm going to the airport in my Team Rocket cosplay to make it super easy for him to spot me out. yep. I know some of you are laughing at me and shaking your head right now at this, but whatever. you know i'm weird like that.

i hope everyone has a happy holiday time/break/etc and gets to spend it with someone special to them, whether it be family, friends, or even pets. i have my child right here next to me, loving on me. he's adorable as ever.

i love you all. i'm spending christmas with a good friend of mine from school, spending the sunday after with my family here, and monday i go to the airport. total win.

all my love,
Heather

PS. i fail. i still don't have christmas cards finished for some people. i'm going to try getting them done tonight so i can send them out. by now, they'll be late, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment